Monday 29 October 2012

Brand idea + logo designs

For my SS1 module, I've decided that I want to create a brand identity for a web channel. Originally, my mind was set on making an identity for something music related but after careful analysis I felt I would lose interest further down the line. I will definitely stay interested and motivated in expanding a brand identity for fighting games, being a competitive fighting gamer myself. I can also get in contact with the community and directly receive constructive feedback, which could heavily shape the approach of the brand's identity.

Here are a couple of mockup logos I've put together utilising popular references in the fighting game genre to construct these illustrations. For example, the icon used to complete the letter Q is the controller movement for a common input in fighting games. At the moment, the logo is very clean and the colour pallet consist of bold blues, however, I feel the mood of the logo doesn't correctly portray the grittiness of the fighting game scene, which is often considered underground.


No comments:

Post a Comment