Tuesday 20 November 2012

Fierce TV Development

After receiving feedback for my QCF logo and its lack of association with fighting games. I decided to push the development of its identity by first changing the name. The QCF term is only recognisable by people already in the fighting game community. As a result, naming the brand after QCF is not very suitable for outsiders as they won't understand it initially. Instead I tried incorporating an arcade stick into the logo and play on the words. Rather than spending time thinking about a name, I decided to put together some vector assests to understand the feel of the logo. My inspiration for the general look of the logo is from G4TVs rebanding which I have written a case study on in a previous post, while combining a similar colour and graphic scheme to Gamestations promotional posters.





Now that I had the feel of the logo, I thought more about fighting game terms that I could incorporate into the design and name of the identity. I started to think about the variations of hits levels in most fighting games. The strongest version of a hit is call 'heavy', the punch variation is named 'fierce' and the kick is call 'roundhouse'. I went through the list of these terms and played with the words - fierce was definitely the strongest sounding and the most effective word. I also feel people outside of the fighting game community may relate the name with something fighting-related, while still appealing to the hardcore players/fans because of its relation to the hit levels. Additionally, the 'i' in 'Fierce' looks similar to the joystick, I intend to implement that into the design of the logo.


No comments:

Post a Comment