Friday 23 March 2012

Street Food Advert

Street Food month is a series of of shows celebrating the worlds most delicious foods, the brief for this project is to promote a month full of street food related programs. We are encouraged to work closely with the brief and create a 5/15 second animation while taking into consideration of other platforms such as web.

From the research I gathered in a previous post, I decided the animation should be a food showdown between the different nations. So my first task was to design assets and create them in Illustrator, before I do that I looked into food carnivals to inspire my designs. Food stands are very common in these places their appearance reflects the origin of its food, for example Chinese stands are often influenced by the architecture of traditional buildings in China many of which are red while hanging Chinese lanterns for authenticity. As for the characters I wanted to play on the stereotypes of each nation and emphasize it in a light-hearted fashion, for instance a Chinese chef may have a thin curly mustache and thin eyes.

 
Further down production I decided to change my idea. If I were to go ahead with the food showdown it would have definitely taken longer than 5 seconds, the length of the audio we were given for this advert. As a result, I decided to scrap this more complex idea in favour of a simpler one that matched the brief closer. I didn't want the Illustrations to go to waste so I used most of what I had already created as a starting point. Rather than a food showdown I decided to create a food festival with vehicles driving past as the camera passes by the side of a truck revealing the title 'Street Food Month'

No comments:

Post a Comment