Saturday 28 May 2011

Playblast + Final Animation

Overall, I am quite pleased with the animation itself, but I feel the way I managed the project was poor. However, I was able to learn a lot from all my mistakes. Time management seems to the key to being successful when dealing with 3D animation, giving myself enough to prepare for hiccups was something I didn't do; this has been reflected on my final animation. Also, working on one operating system throughout the entire project would have saved me a lot of frustration and time, while equipping yourself with the appropriated programs is a must. My workflow in maya created a few problems such as corrupted models because tools were not used in the correct manor. For example, the base of the my kitchen could not be remodeled because I had broken it apart to apply textures on certain faces, which I could have done by simply selecting the face. As a result, I had to remodel model the polygon. Nonetheless, I am glad I am able to reflect on the mistakes and realise what I did wrong.

The playblast demonstrates what the animation should have looked like with the particles and the original materials for mental ray.


No comments:

Post a Comment